Wednesday, April 6, 2011

We gonna party like it's 1981

Yea I know the title doesn't rhyme, cry about it. So in June we are going to help Jeremy's parents celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary! Naturally a good excuse to plan a fabulous shindig. Lately at work, in downtime, I have been scouring wedding and party planning blogs to find inspiration because I'm terribly lacking in creative ideas. I want to do a kind of country/bbq/natural elegance kind of theme with a splash of their wedding throwback. Jeremy's aunt actually still has leftover fabric from Diane's bridesmaid dresses that we can use in decorating!! How awesome is that?!! So for tables I'm thinking white tablecloths (because the church will let me borrow them for free), with a yellow fabric puddle as the base for the centerpiece. Centerpiece will be mason jar lanterns and vases (varying sizes), tied with raffia bows. Flowers will be wedding throwback. Diane had yellow and white daisies. Insert inspiration pic here:

Other ideas include having guests take a pic and writing a note to be compiled into a photo album instead of an ordinary guestbook. In lieu of gifts we will have a "giving tree" to help support Jeff and Diane's (and our) favoirte mission effort, the school in India. That area will look something like this...well I hope anyway.

There is a really great fireplace in the center of the room that I would like to decorate with a big moss covered R and some more mason jar lanterns and probably a few twinkle lights. I mean a party isn't a party without twinkle lights, and we happen to have a couple million leftover from our wedding ;)

Lastly I don't know if our budget will allow a full meal courtesy of Rudy's or if we will just do the classic dessert and drinks thing, but I just had to post this super fantastic table set-up

I really hope this event turns out well and that they enjoy themselves. I will post pics if it turns out cute...ah we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment