Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm leavin on a jet plane...

Shout out to the late great John Denver, who I used to hate, but consequently have grown to love. Side note- My mom's wedding song was "Annie's song" by Mr. Denver. This was revealed to me while watching the segment of "The Wedding Planner" when the couple is trying to pick their wedding song from a compliation CD and this comes on. Immediatley repulsed I exclaim "Eww how could anyone choose that!" when quietly my mom replied "me". Then we argued whether she was kidding or not. She wasn't. I felt bad. She still goads me about it to this day. Ah I digress...

Jeremy and I are about to embark on what will hence forth be known as Summer's Travels. We will begin by flying to sunny California to witness the numptiuals of my cousin and his beautiful Kendra. From there we will take a brief respite and move on to: Angie's lake weekend bachelorette party in Dallas, Justin's graduation from P.A. school in San Antonio, Angie's wedding in Denton, a trip to Colorado with the Hills for Katy, a fising trip to the gulf for Jeremy, a shooting competition in New Mexico, family reunion at the farm, trip to work on guns for the class in Arkansas, and finally a Colorado trip with the Reids to top off the summer. Whew I'm tired just typing all this! Don't worry we won't be doing all this in consecutive weekends there are a few breaks, and all these events span from the last week in April to mid August. It will be so fun! I'm sure these adventures will inspire some intresting blog posts because the past few have been pretty boring. It's ok I know they were boring, but ah well. Oh yea I'm pretty sure there are a few more shooting comps but I can't remember when/where they are. Ask Jer.

In other random news:
The AC is fixed!!!! It was only out for about a week and a half, so really not that big a deal. Especially since I get cold at 72 degrees, I rather enjoyed it ;)

The propane leak is fixed! Or at least that's what the repair man who smelled like a cigarette smoking nutra rat said. I had to light candles because he made the room offensive to my nostrils. I'm skeptical as to whether he actually fixed the propane. All I saw him do was asfix a pressure gage to "test" it and smooth a little caulk-like substance around the seal. We shall see...

Bowdrie has a new crate...that Jeremy and I can both fit into (well most of us) The pup however, would not come in even when I was all the way in. He has since taken a couple naps in it with out much hesitation, hopefully he will grow to love his "den".

One of the patients on the floor has "flowers." I sure hope I don't get any at my house.

We are starting Crazy Love by Francis Chen for our small group Bible study. I'm pretty pumped. I believe it will have a large impact on us, and I'm excited to see how God changes and molds us as we embark on this adventure.

Well and the farmer says in Babe, "That'll do pig. That'll do."

1 comment:

  1. ... and then there was the Spring Break Campaign to Boulder in which I drove a minivan and blared John Denver for all the passengers. I think it was instant love for you at that point. I would like to put in a special request for some Bowdrie pictures. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete