Sunday, March 20, 2011

my forever boyfriend

As I think about how to tell you about my husband, Jeremy, I'm baffeled at the right configuration of words to paint the picture of how he makes me feel. It is more than simply saying "he makes me feel safe, loved, happy, ..." Its like the anticipation of right before opening presents on Christmas morning, the adrenaline rush of the drop of your stomach on a roller coaster, the familiarity of your favorite snuggle-on-the-couch blanket, the quiet content and sastifaction after a Thanksgiving meal. Still typing these word pictures I feel I haven't begun to break the surface. If you don't know this guy, well I'm sorry you really should, and if you do then as they say in New Zealand "good on ya mate." I guess really I'm writing this because I just want to give a big shout out to my favorite person in this world. I'm ever impressed by the things he says, the dreams he has, the gestures he makes. I mean really who goes from classical, semi-pro trumpet player to pistolsmith extrordinaire?! I love that he has transformed the ugliest house on the planet into the most charming farm house in the county. Well... is transforming, still working on it (more on that in a future post). I love that he never raises his voice even when I have done something colossaly stupid. I love that we are still "honeymooning"! I love that he makes me laugh and comes up with things like tacky Christmas trolls.  So here's to you love. Thanks for growing out the worst mustache just to complete your costume, digging up our poo to fix the septic line, training the pup, and making me melt each time you walk in the door. You are the one I want to wake up with, go to bed with, and do everything in between with.




Here he is last Christmas helping Camille, our little cousin, dominate the ultimate transformer battle with My Little Pony leading the charge and Littlest pet shop Kitty launching "poison cupcakes" to take down her brother's army.
Here we are at my family's tacky Christmas gift exchange. We brought a 1 1/2 foot tall troll figurine.

Again in Colorado as we re-enact Edward and Bella's forest adventure. He is probably going to kill me for posting this pic. Ah, I'm sure he will forgive me, c'mon it's pretty funny. Just look at that sexy, smoldering gaze.

When two became one. Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I have never seen this Edward/Bella pic and feel like it should be framed in your house, poster-sized. :) Loving your posts; keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely no freaking way Gretchen. I would teach Bowdrie how to tear that down.

    ReplyDelete