Thursday, March 17, 2011

Maiden voyage

So it is pretty slow here at work tonight, as Grace and I contemplate how to make this the greatest blog ever, naturally we chose the Eclipse background. This is my first blog post ever, and I imagine it will be quite ridiculous. Oh, shout out to my home-girl Taylor Arrington for coercing me into joining the world wide web of blog. Ok that's it for the intro, not my strong suit I guess.

In breaking news from the Reid house-hold our German Shepherd puppy, Bowdrie, hasn't had any accidents in the house in the last two days. As I type this, I wonder who the crap really cares about the urinary and bowel functions of my dog! Alas I shall push on. On a side note I will tell you how we came upon the name for our dog. I realize that Bowdrie is an odd sounding name. Everytime I tell someone they udoubtedly say"...huh, what did you say, Boudreaux?" No, I correct them, Bowdrie like from Louie L'amour. Background-so growing up my family listened to short story dramatizations of the great western classic authour Louie L'amour on long car trips to Colorado. Our all time favorite character was called "Bowdrie, Chick Bowdrie- Texas Ranger." In short he is a bad-ass. Come to find out Jeremy, my husband, loves Louie as well only he actually read the books and had never listened to them (ah I love my AR reader). I showed him the light. So after a long debate over names ranging from Darth Vader to Gandalf to Frank, we settled on Bowdrie. I know, I know it's kinda strange, but it makes me smile everytime and makes me think of my dad a little. I think he would be proud of me and happy in the life I am leading, at least I hope so. Plus he totally would love my pup! Me thinks this shall do for now, mainly because I have to go draw blood and bathe my other patient now...oh the joys of being a RN.

No comments:

Post a Comment